Thursday, October 23, 2014

Read it through first!

IMG_4818

A few weeks ago…..who knows, maybe it was a month ago…. Kenny asked me to make

veal cannelloni.  He had found some veal on sale and then found a recipe that sounded

good.  I shopped for the recipe on a Saturday and told him that is what we would have

that night.

Around 5pm or so, I got out all my ingredients and the recipe and discovered this…

 

IMG_4819

the marinara sauced takes 3-4 hours to make…..yep, that’s what you get

when you don’t read a recipe through BEFORE you start it…..needless to say,

that night we ended up having take out!!

 

IMG_4820

 

However, the next day, I started making my “from scratch” marinara sauce, as well

as the filling.

IMG_4821

Got my shells all filled and then made the béchamel sauce…..my first time making

that as well!

IMG_4822

Needless to say, making this cannelloni recipe pretty much took up my entire Sunday,

but it was REALLY good…..

IMG_4823

and that béchamel sauce ….well, I pretty much licked the pan!!!

If you’d like to make it you can find the recipe HERE

I doubled the recipe, because if I was going to spend HOURS on a recipe, I wanted to

make sure and have some to have later on.

I’ve still got part of the batch in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!