Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday Roundup

Saturday was a great day for me

A bit rainy, which gives me an excuse to stay inside

and do the things I love!

 

I went to the library and picked up a few books that looked like they

might be good summer reads….I always choose more than one, that way if I start on it,

and I’m not loving it, I can switch to something else.

IMG_4309

 

I also went to Hancock Fabric to find a few alternative things to hook with.

I was really looking for yarn, but they had all kinds of fabrics on clearance, so I got 1/4 yard

cuts of several different fabrics.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

Yes, I actually sat and hooked on Saturday….so nice!

IMG_4308

When I came home, Kenny had made a beautiful flower arrangement from flowers that were getting a bit

heavy in the garden…..good thing he had the foresight to cut them and bring them in before the rain.

IMG_4306

IMG_4302

The best news is that Lonnie stayed put all day….he’s gotten out of our 6 foot privacy fence

3 times this week.

IMG_4299

Even though we had replaced the two boards that we had down so he and Buzz could visit with

our neighbor dog Rascal, removed the wood pile that was against the fence, he still got out

again on Thursday.  Kenny thinks he was able to use the stretcher bars on the gate to hoist

himself out….

IMG_4297

as evidenced by the torn up wood on the gate….

IMG_4298

Kenny has since nailed up flat boards to cover the stretcher bars on Friday and we’ve had good

luck so far, but Lonnie really hasn’t been left alone for an extended period of time, so we’ll see.

Luckily we’ve had great neighbors and business people who have taken him in and called us.

Let’s hope this is the end of the escapes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!