Monday, August 18, 2014

On Down the Trail

IMG_4568

I’m sorry….I just had to post more pictures of the Nature Trail….

I walked 6 miles on Saturday morning as the sun was still coming up.

IMG_4573

The trail is so peaceful….yes, you run across other walkers, joggers,

bikers, and dog walkers, but everyone is always so great.

They give you a low wave as they jog past or stop and let you

pet their dogs,

it’s nice.

IMG_4569

In the picture up above, I’ve put an arrow to point at a

water bird who was hunting for food.

I tried to get a closer picture, but the bridge I was on,

was a ways away, so it’s sort of blurry.

 

IMG_4571

 

For me, it’s seeing sights like this, that make it worth it to get up

at 6:30 in the morning on a weekend and hit the trail.

 

 

IMG_4572

It’s also fun to step off the trail and get pictures of trees with

such great character.

IMG_4575

There are always lots of ducks and geese on the pond.

IMG_4574

Some of the fowl scatter into the water when you get close.

IMG_4576

However, this little group had probably learned that people

mean food.

IMG_4577

They let me get really close to them….this little black one is so

cute and scraggly looking.

IMG_4578

I loved this one’s blue beak….so handsome!

IMG_4579

Of course now, we are moving into our “end of summer heat wave”

with temperatures in the high 90’s most days….we’ll see what next

weekend brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!