Thursday, September 10, 2015

Homemade Granola Bars

We’re always trying to eat healthier.  Rather than buying store bought

granola bars, I made some from scratch this weekend.

IMG_5513

I love to cook from recipes, Kenny likes to just whip things up on his

own!

IMG_5522

The recipe is from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa.  Her recipes never disappoint

and this recipe was no exception. Click HERE to see the recipe.

I love dried fruit, so I loved these granola bars…..these have quite a bit of sugar from

the dried fruits, honey and brown sugar, so treat them more like a treat, not like a health

food!!!

IMG_5511

 

Also, if you make them, take her tip and use your butter wrapper to coat the inside

of your measuring cup, before you put the honey in…..it comes out easier that way!

IMG_5501

IMG_5505

IMG_5499

Everyone needs a kitchen helper!!!

2 comments:

  1. Some floppy eared four-legged friend is keeping a watch on the kitchen floor, just in case someone drops a crumb or two..He doesn't want you to worry about keeping your beautiful kitchen floor spotless. He is assuming the position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he just likes me stepping over him every 5 minutes :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!!